Sunday, January 16, 2011

General updates

I'm really trying hard to catch up with all the blogs I haven't read yet and it's taking forever. How do you people do this? Seriously, how do you manage to read through so many blogs, leave comments and still write something meaningful in your own? I wish I had been introduced into the blog world back in 2007 where I had plenty of time after work and spent most of my time in front of that damned TV eating snacks, getting fat and feeling horrible about it. But lucky for me, I came back to life in mid 2008, lost all that weight (which really wasn't all that much) thanks to a small incident of food poisoning and a summer filled with beaches and swimming. Now, I've way too much on my plate, but I can see that starting next week I should have more time.

This week is my last week at work and then I'm done, back in the unemployment line (not really, I'll laze around at home looking for jobs online instead). My replacement finally arrived today and I would like to talk about that, but I figured I'll be a big person today and I won't. I've been handing over my job and honestly, I felt nothing as I taught her all those wonderful, soul-murdering things I do. I also emptied out most of my desk, giving away stationary to my colleagues and tearing up useless documents, but that part was kind of sad. It's been almost seven years of my life and it feels really weird. I can't really get my head around it.

I've started my German classes, three times a week for three hours, so that takes up a big chunk of my day and with work, I barely have time for much else.

The good news, I got my first interview on Tuesday and I'm really excited about it. It's a job that I think I would really like to do, so I'm feeling very optimistic about it and I really hope I do well, but I want and need this job, so wish me luck every body.

That's all I got for now. I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

that guy said...

good luck...i hope you get the job...

blogerering is a labor of love, but it does take most of my free time...

http://boyswillbemen.blogspot.com/2011/01/chapter-7-relationships.html

Rebecca said...

i find it really hard to keep up if i don't check in every couple of hours i get really behind then i have to soend a day catching up where i do nothing but read and comment. i try really hard to stay on top of it but sometimes life happens

Oilfield Trash said...

Good luck on the interview. I hope you get the job.