Friday, December 3, 2010

Balance of LIfe

Since the past few weeks have been pretty crappy, I decided I need something to lift the mood and what's better than a list of the things I'm grateful for, a little bit like the Sound of Music with My Favorite Things...

(In no particular order) I'm grateful for:
- Having an amazing boyfriend
- Having a family that love and support me
- Having gorgeous hair (yes I realize it's a little bit arrogant, but I love it)
- Sandy beaches
- Warm blankets
- Being able to enjoy food!
- Getting massages
- Reading good books
- Being healthy
- Having a good education (which will eventually help me get a better job)
- Enjoying music and singing my heart out (even though my voice sucks and I'm tone-deaf)
- Having the confidence to doing what I believe in without caring what anyone thinks
- Always trying to better myself by reminding myself to be tolerant and see the similarities and not the differences
- Being honest
- Having peace of mind

The list is endless. The point is there so much that I have and I am happy for it.
Here's a quote from Brian G. Dyson the CEO of Coca-Cola (from 1988 until 1994).

"Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – Work – Family – Health – Friends – Spirit, and you’re keeping all of these in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered.

They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life."

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

this post makes me want to sing the song from "The Sound of Music" - My Favorite Things

that guy said...

hair can never be underated...when i had to cut mine off for a sucky job...it was difficult...

i donated it to locks of love, but i still miss it everyday...

bruce

stupid stuff i see and hear
and
bruce johnson jadip