Saturday, December 4, 2010

Confessions

I have a confession. I am a twenty-eight year old virgin. Yup, that's right. You read it. A virgin. I have never had sex. I'm not sure why I'm confessing this right now, perhaps it's because of Jumble Mash's blog post about being a virgin to guest blogging that got me thinking about it (her blog's a lot of fun, you should totally check it out) and really twenty-eight year is too long to be a virgin. I'm a virgin by choice (we all know that most girls can probably get laid, guys aren't that difficult to get in the sack), at least that's how it started out. When I was young I had this dream that I only wanted to be with one man, that I would wait for the one, and I would wait until I got married. Initially the dream started out as not only being a virgin to sex, but being a virgin to all sexual activity, including kissing. That didn't quite happen though (I have kissed!) but the first time I got kissed was actually pretty horrible and left me quite traumatized. I've gotten over that trauma, but sometimes it's memory haunts me.

Anyway, I don't want to down that road, so back to the virgin thing. Like I said, when I was younger I thought it was a good idea, and as the years rolled by, I kept sticking to it because I thought, if I've held on this long, I can hold on a little longer until I find the one. Well the one took a lot longer getting here than I thought (better late than never, right?). Right now, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure whether waiting was the right thing to do, that it would make sex so much more special. I really don't know. There are times where I've been embarrassed about my decision, when girls sit together and talk about sex I'm terrified that they ask me about some wild experience, and when they do, I give very vague answers.

I've been lucky that they guys I've been with understood, but I have been put in situations where guys did not want to date me when they knew they wouldn't get any. I'm generally quite up front about it, right from the start. It just makes things so much easier.

My boyfriend understands and I think he kinda likes the idea. Of course, he also knows that eventually he will get some, because (drum roll here) we got engaged! Looks like I'll be having sex after all :) I must admit as time flew by, one of my major fears became dying a virgin. So Time, I know we haven't always been good friends, but I'm really glad you're still with me.

Please don't unfollow me, I'm a virgin but I'm still cool, really I am

4 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Congrats on the engagement and eventual sex.

SSW said...

Awesome! Congrats on the engagement and future sex! I am glad that there still are virgins out there, I pray my niece will choose to stay one for at least 10 more years lol she is 15...Great post!

Rebecca said...

congrats on the engagement

Lemmiwinks said...

great background you have here!

followin