Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bird Attack

I had a friend visiting once from out of town and while she was there we went out partying a few times. It was summer and the weather was excellent with a nice cool breeze blowing in the late afternoon. We were hanging around the house on a Saturday with the windows open, watching TV and catching up on the good ol' times. As the sun started to set, we turned on a lamp then starting getting dressed for another night of clubbing. We left the house early in the evening, had dinner, and headed off to one of the biggest clubs. We met with some friends, had tons of laughs and stumbled on our way home at around 4 am. I was supposed to work the next day, which in retrospect, clubbing was probably not the best of ideas, but anyway...

I unlocked the door at 4am and walked in. Upon entering the living room, we found that we had an unexpected visitor, a bird. Somehow a bird had entered into the living room, probably because the light was on and it had gotten dark out, and was sitting comfortably on my dining table. This was not what I needed at 4 am when I had to get up in a few hours. The catching the bird adventure began. My chickenshit friend whipped out her video camera and stood in the corner giving me instructions while I hopelessly tried to get the flying bird out the window again. You try catching a flying bird with your bare hands, it's not that easy. Of course, since I'm a girl, and it's been a while since I've played catch, I freaked out and screamed every time that damn bird flew in my direction. I felt like it was going to claw my eyes out and I really need those. Needless to say, screaming and flailing arms do not help to keep a bird calm.

And all this freakin time, my friend is just laughing hysterically, filming me, and giving me instructions and still the bird had no idea where the open window was, but it did find the bathroom, which was good news. I had a mirror that covered one entire wall in there and the poor bird kept flying into it, that was the best thing it could've done. I managed to catch it in a towel as it hit its head and toppled down. Taking it to the window, I set it free.

The video is of course hilarious. I'd post here, but then I think if people I knew saw this blog they'd know it was me. I'll see if I can edit the faces out.

Moral of the story: Don't leave an open window with the lights on. This time a bird, next time, who knows...

3 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Awesome and funny story.

that guy said...

great read UB!

Bruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
and
bruce johnson jadip

TOY COUTURE said...

" I freaked out and screamed every time that damn bird flew in my direction"

LOL!! ..Great Post