Monday, September 20, 2010

100th Post

Today is the 100th post. It should be a great milestone but it doesn't feel that (maybe because I haven't written anything decent in the last couple of days) and I probably should have a fantastic post to mark making it this far, but I don't. I don't seem to be in the mood of writing these days, or more precisely, I'm not making enough time for it. I'm doing it as an afterthought instead of going out of my way to write, finding a nice quiet spot where there are no distractions.

The more and more I do this, the more and more I'm starting to resent it. It makes me feel like new year resolutions... which never really last, but somehow this one is sticking it through... maybe because it wasn't made on new year's. Maybe there is something about new year's itself that makes people want to break their resolutions... the marking of a year that has gone by, time that you will never have again and really, how well do we spend our years? Are we really making the best of the time that's given to us? Or do we waste them away sitting in offices, boring meetings, small talk with strangers, driving in traffic, and all those other things that are so good at wasting time? In one year, how often do we take the time to do something that we like? Something that makes us truly happy?

2 comments:

Food Train said...

100 that's great. Sorry your bummed or resenting it, I hope you keep it up though! I'm only on like 12 and have a hard time getting it in once a week but am glad when I do (like exercising!). Keep it up, I like reading it! and it's good for you.

Uninspired Blogger said...

Thanks... I'm still keeping it up though, even when it's driving me crazy.
Thanks for reading :)