Monday, September 27, 2010

I want my MTV


What I want to know is when did MTV stop being about the music and why? It's called Music Television people! I don't want to see cheap reality shows about spoiled little brats who plan extravagant birthday parties where their parents spend enough money to feed an entire African nation. Nor do I want to see a show about some random people caught up in some strange and sick love triangle, or some desperate girls throwing themselves at some bachelor, or some desperate guys for that matters. Now I don't want to diss the people who do watch these shows, but can't they watch them on some other channel? Can't they see this stuff on E! or something? Or I know, create a whole new channel called If you don't have a life of your own.

Anyone who grew up in the 80's and the 90's would remember how exciting MTV was when it came on the air. It was exciting stuff man and we spend hours watching those videos. For a time, I don't think we saw anything else. It was the only way to find out about new artists, new albums and new music, there was no internet back in those days. But today, MTV has sold out. There are no more music videos anymore... sure they play a few in the early hours of the morning, but who's up that early anyway? No, MTV has gone commercial people and it saddens me to say this, but video is dead, just like the radio star.....

No comments: