Friday, July 9, 2010

Work work work

It's been a really long day and I'm so glad it's over.

Work has been a little ridiculous lately. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm stuck in a department of workaholics and there is no way I can keep up.
My manager sat me down to review my performance and apparently it's not good enough, mainly because I'm not proactive, I don't have ownership, and I'm not passionate about the job. Those three fluffy terms that get you nowhere.

If there's anything I've learned, it's the importance of seeming busy and seeming interested in what you do. Apparently, that's the only thing that counts. One of the main signs that I'm not passionate about my work is that I come on time and I leave on time.
My question is, if I'm not getting paid overtime, why the hell should I not leave on time? Why should I take the time out of my life to make more money for someone who's not sharing the wealth?

The corporate world sucks... Until the next holiday I guess...

No comments: