Monday, July 26, 2010

Holiday Post #2

July 20th, 2010

It breaks my heart to see him go. I cannot begin to describe how I feel. The pounding in my chest, the tears that fill up my eyes, the lump in my throat that I can never swallow. I can feel my heart breaking and it physically hurts.

Once, I had read about theory about which pain was worse, physical or emotional. The piece did not come to any conclusion. It highlighted however, the fact that emotional pain leads to physical pain and I get it. I don't know what the scientific explanation is, but I know that it is true.

I know that when he leaves, it physically hurts. My chest feels like it's caving in, that my ribs are like a cage that is getting smaller and my broken heart is swollen and tries to break free of its prison. My breathing becomes strained and shallow as my lungs are pushed to the side, the air is not enough. The cage cannot contain the swelling for much longer. An explosion is eminent and when it comes, my heart will stop.

No comments: