Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 5

So it's been five days since I've quit smoking and I can't say that I like it. All the reasons that I wanted to quit just flew out the window and now all I want is that damned cigarette.

But I'm still holding on strong. I keep trying to remind myself why I wanted to quit in the first place, my health, the out of breath feeling after I've smoked one too many... The usual crap.

If I can just get through a few more days, I'll be fine. Baby steps and all. So right now, the target is a month.

A guy with me at work had set himself a target. He targeted three months of no smoking and he did it fantastically, but then the crazy bastard started smoking right after the three months were up and his reasoning was, he met his target. He wanted to quit for three months and he did, so now he's rewarding himself. What a moron. If I can manage to kick the habit for three months, there'd be no way in hell I'd start smoking again. I'll reward myself by going to the spa and getting myself a nice massage or some shit, not undo all the hard work I'd done.

This seems to be the year of self discipline for me, I guess after all those years of having none, it's about time.

No comments: