Saturday, June 26, 2010

Repressed Memories

Baggage is a horrible thing. We all have baggage, some of us more than others and we learn to deal with them until we can finally unload. I've recently found out that I have a lot of repressed memories from childhood. I don't see a therapist but suddenly out of the blue, these memories came to the surface. I don't know why I suddenly remembered and it was really strange when they came to my attention because for a few seconds, I couldn't even tell that I was actually remembering something that had happened to me. I kept thinking of where I had heard it before or who it had happened to, when it suddenly hit me. This happened to me...

My psychologist friend said to me that the reason it resurfaced was because I hadn't forgiven myself about it. I didn't tell her what it was. I don't forgive myself. There's a lot I don't forgive myself for and I really wish I go back in time and change it.

I think a lot of this has to do with my current boyfriend. He's so good to me and he's such a good person. He would've never done the things that I had done and it makes me feel terribly guilty, makes me feel like I'm not good enough, and that is why all these memories are coming back up. All these horrible things that I had blocked out are coming back to haunt me.

Why can't my skeletons say in the closet where they belong?

No comments: