Saturday, June 26, 2010

Offline Post

June 26th, 2010, 03:29

For some bizarre reason, my connection isn’t working and I’m too sleeply to try and figure it out right now, so I’m writing on off-line post.

I’m finally on holiday and I’ve finally managed to make my way to the beach for a few days and it’s amazing. To know that I don’t have to go to work after the weekend is absolutely brilliant.

My boyfriend is here, which is really nice. We haven’t seen each other for months and it’s so good to be able to spend some quality time together. I hate long distance relationships. Everyone warned me against this, they told me, don’t do long distance, it never works. But I wouldn’t listen. And I’m glad I didn’t listen. As much as I hate the distance and there are times when it’s so frustrating, the times we are together are amazing. He is everything I ever wanted and more.

The thing I like about the distance is somehow I think we’re a lot closer than a lot of couple who live together in the same city. I think it has something to do with the fact that all we can really do is talk and so we talk about everything. The communication is amazing and I don’t think you can get to this level of communication in the time we’ve been together without the distance. It’s all one-on-one. There are no friends to meet, it’s just the two of us. I would recommend long distance to anyone. It does work. So long as you trust each other and you make an effort, it does work. The key is to work the distance into your routine so that you actually talk. We have a set date every Saturday, where we spend the entire day talking on skype. We cook together, we watch tv together and we surf the net together. I know it sounds really cheesy, but it’s about making the best of what you’ve got. If it’s the real thing, it’s totally worth it.

And someday, we will be together. And it’ll be brilliant.

No comments: