Sunday, June 20, 2010

Self-discipline

Like I said, keeping this blog is going to be harder than I thought. I've had a really long day and it's past midnight. I am really exhausted. I think I'll pass out the moment my head hits the pillow, but since I've made a deal with myself to write everyday, I have to write everyday. There is no escaping, I guess.

One of my friends says I should change it. That I should maybe limit it to four times a week instead, that way it won't feel like such a chore and I'll have more fun doing it. I can see how that logic makes some sense, but I think I need to do this, to get this self-discipline, work the idea of writing everyday into my routine so that I can finally finish that damn book I started more than two years ago. I think that I need to stop making excuses, like I'm tired or I've got writers block, or that I don't feel inspired, and just write. There is no such thing as writer's block. It's all in the habit.

At least that's what I tell myself and I just tell my friend that she's not being supportive enough...

I don't know if this anonymous thing is a good idea though. A part of me really wants an opinion. I need some feedback, but my brother tells me that if I tell no one about this, then I'll never get any feedback. No one will ever read it. How do these blog things work? Do people just randomly hit blogs and read stuff? Or only the popular blogs get circulated? Will anyone ever read this blog?

No comments: