Friday, November 5, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

Negativity spreads like a cancer, moving quickly and undetected until it's too late. That's what our office has been like for the past few months. I don't know if management have realized yet, but it's happening, and happening quickly. We've been losing people like flies, our staff turnover has soared and today, another one has been added to the list, one of the people, who like me, has stayed at the company much longer than she should have. She was a hard worker, intelligent, and has so much integrity that it's almost crippling. She will be missed by many, and will be missed a lot by me.

There are many ways to cure a cancer, depending on its severity and its location. You can cut it out, you can attack it full on with chemo and radiation, which inevitability makes the entire body weaker, or you could seek alternative methods that are not so aggressive, but take time and patience and lots of hope. The first step of course is to diagnose the cancer, to find out where it has set up shop, decide on the best way to treat it and curb it from spreading its malice to the rest of body. Then, and only then, will there be hope to kill it before it's too.

The cancer set up shop in my department and I think, it all started with me...

1 comment:

SSW said...

This is like an AA meeting post ...lol I am just talking from seeing one on tv but you just stood up and said hi my name is Unispired Blogger and I am the cancer! Don't be so hard on yourself...people move on all the time, its life, most cause they are bored and some for better reasons but don't take it personal, it's their lives!