Thursday, November 25, 2010

Toilet Paper

I usually start my blogging process by reading through the comments I get, check out the stats and then head on to my reading list and start reading the blogs I'm currently following. I'm relatively new at the blog world and have been slightly slow at finding blogs that I like enough to follow, but I'm managed. So there's a bunch of blogs that I follow and I was reading one of them, Absolutely Narcissism (which is absolutely brilliant by the way, you should totally check it out, coz she's funny as hell), where her recent entry of "High as a Fricking kite!" prompted me to write this post.

She talks about when the teacher in one of her nursing courses tells them to "Remember ladies, wipe front to back." Now I understand the logic behind that and the good common sense that comes with it, but I have a very serious, serious question, that has been on my mind ever since I left the comfort of my country to visit countries in the West. Someone please explain to me, why the hell don't people in the west use water to clean themselves after using the toilet? Why is it that this type of technology has never really found its way there? The French at some point had the whole bidet thing going on and so did the Spanish (due to Arab influence, I suppose) and it's better than nothing (although sometimes gross) but now, there is a better, more hygiene way, that will totally change any Westerner's life if they would just give it a chance. The use of toilet paper becomes only a drying activity and the water washes away everything. It leaves you bum nice and clean without even touching anything. It is brilliant!

There's two ways you can do this, it's either a small shower head device like this:




Or, and I think it's the more hygienic thing, there's a tiny little jet that squirts out water when you turn a tap at the side of the toilet, like this:



And no, the water does not go shooting out and into your ass, you can control the water pressure.
Trust me, if you try this, you will never want to go back to just toilet paper (coz that's just gross, seriously).

Really, how do people in the west live without it?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh my want a wonderful post and very thought out..definitely gives one pause to think

SSW said...

Wouldn't you still have to use something to dry off with ? I'm confused ...water on your tush and puss the still wipe it off with toilet paper seems like a waste of water to me....I don't know ?

Jumble Mash said...

Wow. I've never even really thought about why we don't do this. But, I'm kinda with SSW. Don't you need to dry off afterwards? I mean, you can't just go around with a wet crotch.

Uninspired Blogger said...

Yes, that's what toilet paper is for, to dry a wet crotch, but a clean wet crotch!