Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wikileaks

Now I'm not generally concerned with politics (there's too many lies and it makes me sick) but I do like to keep updated with what's happening globally and there's an interesting story that's all over the place at the moment and I think it's downright embarrassing. Some official and confidential information was leaked to the general public, you can see the news here.

Now, how the hell did this stuff get leaked out? I understand how every company keeps profiles to other countries and their representatives, but to have this come out public can have serious effects on international relations for the United States and other countries with each other. I cannot imagine the kind of repercussions this would have, even if it's not a obvious reaction, there will be a reaction and it won't be pretty.

This is why I hate politics. It's a bunch of people at the top who hold the key to everyone else's life. They can make or break you, they can give you happiness and they can take it away.

I was talking to my mother recently and she had one of those wise moments. She said that true happiness is really about being satisfied with what you have and that there is nothing more valuable that your health and peace of mind. I believe her.

3 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I agree with your mom.

Rebecca said...

Happiness is not having what you want. It is wanting what you have.

SSW said...

Yes your mom is very smart! Those people that post leaks or slip out leaks needs to be in front of a firing squad!