Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Karma - What Goes Around Comes Around


Here's part two of yesterday's story. Like I said, it's not sad and miserable and when I think about it, it was truly pathetic.

So, we had been broken up for about two years or so and I had not seen or heard of him in all that time. He had transferred to another university and since he didn't really have any close friends at the one I went to, it made things a lot easier. After some intense looking after myself (which may have included some pills), I was feeling better. I had gained all the weight I lost, regained my friends and family and things were looking up again. I had come to a point where I only thought of him occasionally but that was okay. I still thought him as a misunderstood knight in shining armor and that somewhere, deep inside him, there was a really good person.

I was wrong.

One day, he calls me out of the blue. I must admit a part of me was ecstatic, as sad and pathetic as that sounds. I couldn't help but hoping that maybe he had changed, maybe this is my second chance to make it work with him. He said he wanted to see me but his voice sounded a bit strained. Something was wrong, something was very, very wrong. He said he didn't want to talk over the phone, that he needed to speak to me face to face. I agreed. I drove to his house and picked him up. We went to a quiet place and he started talking. He talked about how sorry he was for the way he treated me and he begged me to forgive him. He cried and I cried. A part of me felt some kind of victory and as I prepared myself to take him back, he dropped the bomb. He was with another woman and he loved her uncontrollably and she was doing to him what he had done to me. She kept him on his toes, she cheated on, she did it all and he was so desperately in love her that he couldn't see what a real bitch she was. As he sobbed in front of me I felt my heart turn into stone. I had no compassion for him and I had no more love left to give. Karma is a bitch is what I said. He cried some more and then begged for my forgiveness and because I could feel nothing towards him at the point in time, neither love nor hate, I forgave him.

And here comes the funny part. After listening to him sob for over an hour about how much he loved this girl, he suddenly made a move on me, and I'm not talking about holding my hand or any of that shit, I mean really made a move on me. I laughed as I pushed him away. He hadn't changed a bit, he felt no regret for how he treated me. He was just as selfish now as he was when I was with him. Of course, he got mad at my rejection, which made me laugh even harder and that laughter told me that I was finally free of the spell that I was under.

Last I heard of this guy was that he married the cheating bitch. I think they were made for each other and I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.

1 comment:

Food Train said...

glad your finally rid of that a**!