Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Autobiographies

What makes a life interesting? How is interesting judged exactly? Is the life on an undercover international spy more interesting than say, a corporate drone like myself? Possibly. Scratch that, definitely.

I've always wondered who has the right to an autobiography, and why some people are more entitled to write one than others. I also wonder why we can't all have the interesting lives of undercover spies, superheros, etc... How does one get into that kind of life anyway?

If I wrote an autobiography, would anyone read it? Would anyone think my life is interesting and marvel at it and think, I wish I could've had that sort of life? Maybe. Maybe not

Entertainment is always about someone else's life, someone else who has a more interesting life than your own and really that is just sad.

I say, we should stop worrying about the future, throw caution to the wind and start living. Then maybe, maybe, we'll have interesting lives too.

Unfortunately, that's easier said than done.

2 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I would read it. But would you include pictures of yourself?

Uninspired Blogger said...

If they would add the the book, sure... why not.

Although I did go through quite a metamorphosis. I was the ugliest kid around. When I was born, my grandmother told my mother that they must've switched me at the hospital because there's no way a woman as beautiful as my mother could give birth to a baby that ugly.

Thankfully, I turned okay in the end :)