Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hello? Can anyone help me?


Originally I had planned to write a piece about Billy today and see where his story is going, but after my exhausting day at work, I'm all out of creativity.

I spent the day today in training. The company I work for has finally realized that we have no idea about our customers or what it means to have decent customer service. Our policy has always been, we're big, we're successful, we must be right and screw all your customers requests for flexibility and pro-activity. Of course this came along with not answering phone calls, being rude to customers, etc...

Now that we've started losing market share and can see competition gaining ground, we suddenly have realized that maybe the way we do business isn't really the best way. Suddenly we're not so big anymore and we need to grovel for some business. Suddenly the customer is always right.

So we've had a long ass day of training telling us that we should be polite to customers when they call, we should be helpful and we should at the very least answer all our calls.

It's a no brainer people.. if your in the service industry, you might as well offer an actual service. How this company has survived for so long, is completely beyond me...

No comments: