Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Godfather


So this new position at work opened it and it's supposed to be this brilliant opportunity for anyone who can get it. It's a massive promotion and filled with that wonderful thing called responsibility and so you can imagine how things are at the office. It's just a bustle of activity with everyone running around and talking excitedly like they've just struck gold.

I've never been one for office politics and I usually like to stay as far away from that shit as possible, but considering that I'm in close proximity (and a possible candidate for this position), it's interesting to watch the kinda of shit that's happening. It's politics like I've never seen before, with coalition groups and everything. It's turning into a war zone and it's funny to see people who don't stand a chance forming up alliances with those who do, and those in turn are busy back-stabbing and under-mining each other. And the rumors... we mustn't forget the rumors that are an integral part of any office environment and no one is safe.

Lucky for me, I got prime seats to watch the show and even though I have no interest in the position, there's no need for them to know that. The way I see it, there's only one thing to do: Go to the mattresses.

Clemenza:

That Sonny's runnin' wild. He's thinking of going to the mattresses already.

Sonny:

No, no, no! No more! Not this time, consiglieri. No more meetings, no more discussions, no more Sollozzo tricks. You give 'em one message: I want Sollozzo. If not, it's all-out war: we go to the mattresses.

No comments: