Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tears

Why is it that I feel so tired after I cry? There's an exhaustion that is very distinct after a sob session and somehow I'm not sure whether or not I feel better. They say it's important to let it all out and that there is some relief when a person cries, but all crying does is make me feel exhausted and sorry for myself, which usually, inevitably leads to more tears. There are times when I'm so overwhelmed with everything that I feel like I need to cry to let it out, but I always regret it later.

The associations we make when we are children are hard to get rid of. I grew up with boys and of course boys never cry. Not being a boy myself, it was okay for me to cry, but it also highlighted me as a girl and made it more difficult for me to play with them.

I cried today and I feel completely spent. My tears have meant nothing and have solved nothing. It was all in vain.

No comments: