Saturday, October 2, 2010

Smoke anyone?


Given my recent nicotine deprivation and my half-hearted attempt to break my bad habit, I've turned to the one and only possible solution, smoking a waterpipe (or hookah, shisha, nargeela, call it what you like). Of course effectively what I've done is replace one addiction with another, but my logic is, I can't carry it around with me, so I'll be smoking less of it anyway.

Unfortunately, this logic doesn't really hold true. Although a slightly more expensive habit, I've managed my way around it and have effectively changed my life around. I no longer frequent places that do not have it, I sit more often at home smoking it, and really, I think smoking cigarettes would be better. I could smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and feel great, but after smoking a waterpipe, I feel drowsy and out of breath. Why is that anyway? I know that what's in it is nothing but tobacco, but why does it have that numbing effect? And why can't I have that numbing effect with cigarettes?

And what's wrong with having a few vices anyway? Who wants perfect? It's our imperfections that make us human and special..., isn't it? Why don't they just find the perfect person and make clones out him and that'll be the end of it?
It's all the damned do-gooders that are taking the fun out of everything. No I will not give up the waterpipe, I have to have something, I need something....

No comments: