Friday, October 29, 2010

Men and their Toys

Why is it so incredibly difficult to shop for a guy? My boyfriend's birthday is coming and I have been dreading this day for like six months because I have no idea what to get him. I called his brother and his best friend but somehow I've still got nothing. Okay, that's not entirely true, I don't have nothing, I have two ideas, both of which are equally difficult. One of them I know nothing about and so the research has been killing me, and the other one... well I think it's sort of tacky and it's kinda like my back-up plan if the first one falls through.

But seriously, why is it so difficult? With girls it's easy, buy her a dress, some jewelery, and you're good to go. And if you buy us electronic gadgets, well most of us wouldn't really know much about it, so we'll be happy and excited with whatever. We don't need super special specifications. And try to get a guy a high tech present, he'll immediately zoom in on the specifications that you didn't get and how a different model would've been better. It seriously sucks. Do they not know how difficult this is? The options are so limited and after a while, you'll really run out of ideas, seriously...

And my boyfriend is really annoying too, he won't tell me what he wants, and he won't let me ask for his opinion. He insists that it must be a surprise, he wants to know nothing about it and he won't even help me a little. I don't get it, why does it really have to be a surprise? Wouldn't it just be easier to get his opinion, that way he'll get something he likes and my life is made easier? But nooo... it can't be.

Well off I go to do more research on this present and he better like it.

1 comment:

Jumble Mash said...

Ugh! I am going through the same thing for Christmas presents for my boyfriend. It's so hard to shop for him because when he wants something, he just goes out and buys it. I keep telling him to stop buying stuff or he'll get nothing for Christmas. And he won't give me any ideas either. I can't think of one single thing that he would want but doesnt already have.