Sunday, October 10, 2010

How much did you say?


Don't you just love it when everything is on sale and any price could be a good price? Of course, the only problem with that is you never know when you're being cheated. What I really like about things like flea markets is the difference between the initial price and what you end up paying. I spent the day at the old market place with friends from out of town and haggling was the theme of the day. Some of the initial prices were absolutely ridiculous and I'm talking four or five times what ended up paying.

What I don't understand is, don't they have a better chance at making a reasonable profit if they started at a more reasonable price? I don't know about you, but when I hear a price that is reasonable, I'm less willing to haggle, because let's face it, haggling is a pain in the ass. It's just really annoying, the back and forth, it's frustrating and it's boring. At some point, I had completely lost interest in what I wanted to buy in the first place. I wouldn't have taken it even if they had given it to me for free.

I wonder really how much profit they really make, how much are they ripping us off exactly?

No comments: