Friday, October 1, 2010

Technology


Originally, I had an idea about what I wanted write today but after having sat here for the past hour struggling with technology I've decided to just bitch about that. My boyfriend managed to convince me to install linux on my laptop and since I'm really not that tech-savvy and I don't really use any programs that require windows, I willingly agreed. So far, I've been happy with it, except that now I'm trying to install the simple things like MSN and Skype and I'm failing miserably. It feels like I'm studying Chinese. It shouldn't be this difficult. I've had some education after all but somehow I just don't get it. Why isn't it working the way I want it to?

Technology is supposed to make our lives more simple, to make it easier, but for the simple minded folk like myself, it is completely frustrating. Why isn't there some kind of simple manual for this stuff? And I'm not talking about the help button, it is completely useless. I want something simple that caters to my laziness as well...

I'm starting to think that my boyfriend wanted this. He wanted me to get lost with all this technology business so that I'd have to run to him for help. It's all part of his master plan to keep me with him. Damn his scheming mind....

(Yes I do realize how twisted that sounds, and yes I do think the world is out to get me...)

No comments: